Celebrate in no thyme with three sharable bites that will keep your guests deliciously occupied while you fire up the grill. These simple recipes are great for a memorable Memorial Day cookout, a brilliant Bastille day blast, a flippin’ fantastic Fourth of July, a luscious Labor Day luau, or just an impromptu summer get together with a few of your celebrity friends!
Need a boozy beverage to go along with the festivities? Make sure to check out our Strawberry Mint Margaritas or Simple Mint Juleps. Both cocktails are cool and crisp, ideal for sipping during the season’s heat wave.
Greek Spanakopita Dip
Serve with carrot chips, toasted pita bread, bell peppers, or your favorite dipping vessels. Switch up that traditional spinach dip recipe with this revamp of a Mediterranean classic!
- 15 ounces chopped frozen Spinach, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped Sweet Onion
- 1 clamshell That’s Tasty Italian Parsley, leaves separated
- 2 squeezes of That’s Tasty Organic Dill Purée (about 2 tbsp.)
- 2 squeezes of That’s Tasty Organic Garlic Purée (about 2 tbsp.)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Feta Cheese, cubed or crumbled
- 1/4 tsp. Salt, or to taste
- Place thawed spinach in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out any excess water. Make sure to use a dark colored towel to ensure you do not stain it green.
- Set spinach in a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined. NOTE: only use the leaves from the parsley, as the stems do not work well in this recipe. Slightly chop the leaves before adding to your mixing bowl.
- Place dip in the refrigerator, covered, until you’re ready to serve. You can make this recipe up to one day in advance if you’d like.
Strawberry-Watermelon Salad with Mint
This refreshing fruit salad is the ultimate side-dish for your next cookout, friendly get-together, or weeknight meal. Pairs great with grilled meats, fish, or served as a thirst-quenching appetizer.
- 3 cups cubed Watermelon
- 1 cup sliced Strawberries
- 6 - 8 Mint Leaves, cut into strips
- ½ English Cucumber, seeded & sliced
- 4 ounces of Feta, cubed or crumbled
- Pinch of Salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss until combined. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour and serve chilled.
Place fruit in the refrigerator the day beforehand to ensure this dish is served ice cold.Printable Version
Super Scrumptious Meatball Sliders
These tender meatballs are smothered in a red sauce, then topped with mozzarella and fresh basil. They’re the picture-perfect party appetizer that will easily feed a crowd.
- 12 Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- 12 Meatballs, cooked
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 3 Mozzarella Cheese slices, cut into 4 squares each
- 12 That’s Tasty Fresh Basil Leaves
- Toothpicks, for serving
- Place meatballs and marinara sauce in a medium stockpot and heat over medium-high. Stir occasionally and cook until meatballs are piping hot.
- Cut Hawaiian dinner rolls in half, lengthwise. Top each roll with a sauce-smothered meatball and then layer them with a mozzarella square and fresh basil. Add more sauce on top, if desired, and then top with the upper half of the bun.
- Stick a toothpick in each slider and place on a serving platter. Enjoy immediately.
- We love the contrast of sweet Hawaiian rolls and savory meatballs; however, any slider rolls will do the trick.
- Use your favorite meatball recipe or make-it-easy and go for store-bought. Both versions work well with this recipe.
- If you’d like to toast the buns, cut the rolls in half and then pop them in a 350F oven for 8-10 minutes prior to assembly.
Are you looking for a Keto-friendly indulgence? We’ve got you covered right here. Now hand over all the dips, please.